tirsdag den 25. august 2009

Lomidhigh Mixtape 002 Dario Zenker














On this next Lomidhigh Mixtape, I´ve asked Harry Klein resident dj and label head from Munich based record label Ilian Tape, Dario Zenker to record the next mix in the serie - Lomidhigh Mixtape 002.

He was deep inside his heart to dig out these deep records.


Download Mix:


Direct link:


Lomidhigh Mixtape 002


Subscribe to Podcast:


Podcast



How and where was the mix recorded?


The mix was recorded in late august in Munich between swimming and taking lots of sun everyday..


Your favourite track in the mix?


There are many of my favourite tracks in this mix..hard to figure.


How´s the weather in Munich?


Just amazing. The last weeks were super warm and sunny almost everyday. Like summer should be.


When you first started your label up it was called Hometown, what made you change the name to Illian Tape - and where did you get the name llian Tape from?


Hometown Music was the former dub label from my dad, we renewed the label with a more techno approach to the sound, but at the end we couldn't work together for many reasons. My brother Marco and I then started the Ilian Tape label. The name came from listening to this crazy jamaican guy speaking in a track i heard one day in Geneva, while driving in a car. He spoke about ilians and his voice impressed me ...and ofcourse I grew up with mixtapes, so the name just came up.


Please tell me a bit about Münich, there´s the football team Bayern Münich, there´s the Munich movie, which Steven Spielberg directed and I´ve heard that there´s this saying in Münich "München mag Dich" (Münich loves you) ..but what I would like to know is ..does people in Münich love techno?


Yes, people in Munich loves techno and have loved techno for many years now. We´ve had a quite big scene for about 10-15 years now, with many young people getting into the music, the scene is steadily growing and evolving. In Munich we have some really cool clubs like Harry Klein, Rote Sonne, Registratur and also some great smaller bars. Overall Munich is a great city to go out and have fun in.


Enough about your hometown. In April month you released an ep on Vakant, your first release in 2009. In 2008 you released an ep on Vakant and a very special ep on Lomidhigh Lmtd. Are you careful about not releasing too many records?


Yeah kind of, maybe it´s because i´m working very long on every record and also I don´t really want to release too many things either. I prefer to keep it low.


As you already know I´m very fond of the Batman track you produced, which is up online on youtube, What´s the story behind the Batman video? You like to dress up like Robin?


Actually it was just a track I started, when I came back home from Buenos Aires in February this year. When I played in Augsburg at my friends "timeless beats" party, the visual guy somehow knew I really love the old Batman serie. He took my head and put on Robins body and made the visuals like that this night. While I played at the club Robin with my head on was running through the club on the walls. I found it very funny and asked the guy to cut a video for me. I sent him this track I did as I thought it might fit good with the video.


Where do you get your inspiration from?


Well from many different things. From my family, my friends, Munich, going to dance, from cooking good food, from traveling and meeting people around the world. In fact almost everything inspires me in one way or another, good or bad and thats what you hear in my music.


What are you working on right now?


I´m working on a track for Harry Klein Records that will come out in November, hopefully as the first Harry Klein vinyl release. It will be a split ep with my brother Marco. Beside that I´m working on an ep for Ilian Tape and some remixes and some other stuff that will show up in the future.


K.atou did an all time favourite top 5 list of love songs.

Lets try something else.... Which 5 albums do you reckon are the best ever released ?


I just have my top 4 ..is that ok ? haha


Michael Jackson - Thriller

Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

Rhythm&Sound - With The Artists


Dario Zenker links:


myspace.com/dariozenker

myspace.com/illiantape



Dario Zenkers September 09 chart:


1. Resilent - CR 12 - Chain Reaction

2. Bernard Badie - Move To The Beat ep - Mojuba

3. Wax - Nr 20002 - Wax

4. Fronsua - Fre - Illian Tape

5. Marcel Fengler - Twisted Bleach - Ostgut Ton

6. Precious System - The Voice From Planet Love (Dixon edit) - Running Back

7. Dvs1 - Klockworks 05 - Klockworks

8. Cinderfella Ltd - Ephemeris ep - Arpiar

9. Roman Lindau - Simplicity - Fachwerk

10. Jonas Kopp - Tirados - Curle


Lomidhigh links:


lomidhigh.com

twitter.com/lomidhigh

myspace.com/lomidhigh


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar